Thursday, August 20, 2015

Jacksonville Suns


The Jacksonville Suns were a Brewers  Milb Affiliate in 1970.  The reason I have this hat is not because I am hard core enough to pick up a one-time affiliate's hat during the Brewers inaugural year, but rather because I love minor league hats and stadiums.  Two days after our wedding in Savannah, we drove down to St. Augustine to relax for a few days.  On the way we stopped in Jacksonville and I wanted to see the Suns stadium, as I especially love the stadiums of the Southern League.  We knocked on the door of a closed stadium and an extremely friendly staff let us in showed us around, talked baseball, and I purchased this hat.  What a great facility!  Coincidentally, almost exactly 9 month from this wonderful day we welcomed a new addition to our family, our son George.

With the Brewers off 4 of the next 12 days, there will be a fair amount of minor league hats coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment