Monday, May 4, 2015

Upside-down "W"

This hat was worn in a game against the Cubs at Wrigley in a previous season.  It is a 1937 throwback.  This is curious because (a) The Brewers didn't exist in 1937 (b) The Braves weren't in Milwaukee until '53 and to the best of my knowledge there was no pro baseball in Milwaukee in 1937.  Either way, the marketing folks at mlb got me and when I was offered a discount code I bought this game cap online.

The reason that I am featuring this today is that is looks a little like the upside-down Cubs "W".  Since we won our first series and back to back games against them, thought this would be fitting.  Onto the Craig Council Era.

correction 5.21.15.  The Brewers were an A and AA minor league team from 1902 through 1952, so the hat is legit, though not major League.

No comments:

Post a Comment